A Race is Only as Good as it’s Organisation and the People Who Support It!
Taking on an event at a Hercules Festival of Sport is a very big challenge for most competitors. They couldn’t do it without the support of their friends and families, who are a vital part of the Sporting family.
There are lots of things that make a great event such as location, organisation, detailed planning; but we at Hercules Events believe that the key factor in making a good event great is the people.
It takes a massive effort for the Event Team and the army of volunteers to set up, organise and marshal an event. From preparing the venue and transition zone to, preparing the swim, bike and run courses to marshalling the routes and perhaps even putting a comforting arm around a competitor who has hit the wall. Without great volunteers you just can’t have a great event.
We are looking for special people who want to support our Hercules competitors and their family and friends at our events. We need people who understand the needs of exhausted competitors, who are seeing the world through tunnel vision and who need help and support from understanding and professional marshals.
We need your help with:
- Welcoming competitors to registration
- Organising and marshalling the Transition Zone
- Running the feed stations to feed and water exhausted triathletes
- Marshal the all-important bike and run legs
- Most of all, we need people who understand endurance, triathlon and multi-sport, and individual Running, Swimming and Cycling or who are keen to learn, so that we can keep our great sport festivals growing.
In return we offer:
- Food and refreshments throughout the day of the event
- The experience of working at a large scale event as part of a friendly and welcoming team
- One Free entry to any subsequent Hercules Event which you can pass onto a friend or relative if you can’t use it yourself or One Free season pass to our open water swim sessions
Without a great Events Team and great volunteers there will not be a great event. Whatever role you choose to take, you will be playing a vital part in supporting your friends and family and supporting the Multi-sport family.
Become a Hercules volunteer – We need you!
Individuals – Contact us immediately and we will get straight back to you to find out what you would like to do on the day. If you are an athlete yourself and would like to compete in one of our events we offer one free entry into any race at a subsequent event following a successful day as a Hercules volunteer, and you can pass this onto a friend or relative if you can’t compete yourself.
Groups and clubs – we are already working with groups. If you are part of a Triathlon club, running club, swim team, cycling club, scout, Cadet or Brownie Club; why not show your support by getting your club to sign up to help out. Organised clubs can make a huge difference and can reap great cross benefits by supporting each other’s events. Contact us and let’s see how we can work together to make this event a success. We will even consider making a donation to your club in thanks for the support of your members to this sporting event.
If want to support your friend or family member in a concrete way and encourage sport in your area, there is no better way to help make their day great than to step up and to be a volunteer.
Contact us as soon as you can by:
Phone: +44 1923 883177