Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions are drawn up to ensure that our clients have an enjoyable and safe experience. In order to ensure this, both you as a competitor and we as organisers need certainty in regard of the terms and conditions of your entry and the event. Our events require a great deal of planning and organisation. In order to organise your event we have had to expend a considerable amount of money and time in order to pre-book and secure the event venue, the equipment and facilities, apply for and pay for road closures (in certain circumstances, St John’s Ambulance, arrange insurance (which requires certainty in terms of competitors) and a host of other costs and commitments. As such the organisers must have certainty in regard of the competitors, entry numbers and fees in order to ensure that competitors can be provided with a high quality and safe event.
- Hercules Events Ltd are the “organisers” of your event.
- “The event” refers to the event you have entered.
- “Entry” refers to payment received for an individual application.
- “The entrant” or “competitor” refers to the individual that has applied for or paid to enter the event.
- The organisers office address is 9 School Lane, Bricket Wood, St Albans, Herts, AL2 3XS
Conditions of Entering
- By entering the event, all entrants agree to abide by our terms and conditions as set out below.
- All entrants are responsible for providing accurate information to allow us to process the entrants’ application.
- All entrants are aware that the nature of this event is that it is a very physically demanding event. The event will be conducted wholly or largely outdoors, on uneven grass and unpaved paths and/or on open roads. Our open water swim events are conducted in an open lake, which is used by other members of the public for fishing and boating. The event entails clear risks of injury or accidental harm.
- By entering the event entrants confirm that they understand that the bike courses are to be conducted wholly or in part on open roads. The roads will not be closed in any way and the Highway Code will apply at all times.
- All entrants confirm that they understand and agree to abide by the High Way Code.
- Any entrant who is found to contravene the Highway Code will be penalised.
- By entering the event entrants confirm that they are capable of completing the event and that the entrants will not hold the organisers liable or responsible for any injury or illness as a result of their participation.
- The entrant waives and discharges from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, their participation in the Event, the following persons or entities: The Event Organisers, Event officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
Competitor Withdrawal – Transfer of Entry to another competitor
As with most events (sports, cinema, theatre, concerts etc) if after paying for them you have to withdraw, you will not receive a refund, regardless of the reason (injury, illness, pregnancy, holiday, business / work etc). However, if you do need to withdraw from the event, and provided we get enough notice, we are prepared to consider allowing you to transfer your entry place to another competitor, provided you follow our competitor withdrawals policy:
- For organisational and safety reasons the organisers must have a settled and final competitor list in advance of the event.
- As such, any substitutions must be notified no later than 28 days prior to the event.
- The competitor will be responsible for accurately completing the transfer procedure on the event website www.herculesevents.com
Race / Event Information
- Event information will be published at www.herculesevents.com
- Any advance changes / alterations to the course or event will also be published on the website as will individual start times.
- It is the responsibility of all competitors to ensure they are aware of all information relating to the event.
- We will endeavour to provide you with the event that you have entered. Circumstances (such as weather, water temperature, water quality, police advice etc) may be such that we are unable to deliver an event in the format that was expected or advertised. Hercules Events reserve the right to change any part of the event without prior notice. In such circumstances competitors will not be eligible for any refunds, whether full or partial, deferrals, or any other financial recompense.
- The published distances for the swim leg of the triathlon events may be reduced at the absolute discretion of the BTF officiating referee, for example, if the water temperature drops the BTF official may reduce the distance of the swim legs or may even cancel the swim leg as a safety precaution. In this circumstance, the triathlon events will become run – cycle – run events. This is a standard procedure under the BTF rules. No refunds will be provided in such circumstances, as it is a matter which is outside the control of the organisers. The same conditions apply to our open water swim events, which may be reduced in length and/or cancelled at short or no notice for reasons of temperature, water conditions and other safety considerations. Similarly unusual weather conditions may require the Organisers to alter or change run or cycle routes at short or no notice for safety reasons and/or to comply with advice or directions from the venue owner, police, race officials or other relevant party.
Entrants Information / Photography
- The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and picture and any information provided on the event entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the Event charity(ies), race sponsors products and services.
- The organisers may run special offers or discounts that may run for a period of time.
- The organisers have the right to withdraw any offer at any time for any reason.
- No offers will be back dated or issued to competitors who may already have entered the event prior to a promotion.
- This is also applicable to any of our associates whether the offer is combined with Hercules Events or offered solely from our event partners.
Refusal of Entry
- Hercules events maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any entrant entirely at their absolute discretion.
In the event of a Force Majeure, Hercules Events will not be liable for any refunds or recompense. “Force Majeure” means an act of God, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster; act of any sovereign including but not limited to war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, nationalisation, requisition, destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority or imposition of government sanction embargo or similar action; terrorism; law, judgment, order, decree, embargo, blockade, labour dispute including but not limited to strike, lockout or boycott; interruption or failure of utility service including but not limited to electric power, gas, water or telephone service; failure of the transportation of any personnel equipment, machinery supply or material required by Hercules events for the provision of services pursuant to this Agreement, breach of contract by any essential personnel or any other matter or cause beyond the control of Hercules Events.
These terms and conditions of the event will be dealt with under the law of England and Wales